Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Laptop runs hotter and Laptop is slower  (Read 434 times)

a.alto.miles

• View Profile
Laptop runs hotter and Laptop is slower
« on: May 27, 2019, 05:38:19 PM »

I upgraded to an ssd then,after i reinstalled windows my laptop is hotter than usual, reinstalled all the drivers on written on the  MSI drivers site, then i updated them, downloaded  Hardware Monitor then heres what I saw. even on my dgpu says 0%, when my cpu fan is boosted. and also some parts of my keyboard is not functioning namely, zero below the fkeys backspace and delete the rest works but not those ones. i tried running csgo on low everything even tried stretch for it barely hits 80 fps.   

MSI Notebook Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop runs hotter and Laptop is slower
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:40:57 PM »

I upgraded to an ssd then,after i reinstalled windows my laptop is hotter than usual, reinstalled all the drivers on written on the  MSI drivers site, then i updated them, downloaded  Hardware Monitor then heres what I saw. even on my dgpu says 0%, when my cpu fan is boosted. and also some parts of my keyboard is not functioning namely, zero below the fkeys backspace and delete the rest works but not those ones. i tried running csgo on low everything even tried stretch for it barely hits 80 fps.  

We recommend to bring the laptop to the store you bought it, and ask for RMA service. In this case, we will fix your keyboard and diagnose your laptop as soon as it arrives in our service center.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:43:11 PM by MSI Notebook Administrator »

a.alto.miles

• View Profile
Re: Laptop runs hotter and Laptop is slower
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »

its not under warranty anymore i bought it at mid 2016. but quite frankly it was held in the rma service longer than me using it