Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to use MSI BurnRecovery on Windows 10 preloaded system?  (Read 15412 times)

czwartek

• View Profile
Re: How to use MSI BurnRecovery on Windows 10 preloaded system?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 06:37:39 AM »

I bought MSI GL73 9SD a few weeks ago, and I wanted to create recovery USB.  However, I was surprised that the MSI BurnRecovery does not come preinstalled apparently.  No icon on the desktop, no trace of it anywhere in the system.
Oddly, the manual happily redirects me to the YT video "How to restore Windows 10 system on MSI Notebooks", which uses BurnRecovery tool.

Anyone knows about a place I can download an up-to-date version of MSI BurnRecovery?  

Regular MSI downloads have no trace of it, and forum search suggests it is not something easy to find.
I did manage to find some old links from 2017, but I am not sure it is still valid for a new system purchased at the end of 2019.

If anyone had this issue and knows something, I would greatly appreciate any hints.  Tnank you!

Akira.MSI

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »

Hi,

We have another post about it here in the forum: https://forum-ph.msi.com/index.php?topic=169.msg1803#msg1803

If your laptop hasn't been reformatted yet, it should find the BurnRecovery tool on the Start Menu, or search

czwartek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Hi @Akira.MSI,
Many thanks for the answer.

Actually, I already saw the post, it is the same we are in, just the page #1.  However, this does not help me much if I do not have the MSI BurnRecovery installed in the first place.

Just to clarify:
  • I purchased the notebook with Windows already pre-loaded
  • I did not have a need to reformat or reinstall the system, just activated it.
  • The notebook came with *some* MSI software pre-installed, namely, Dragon Center and Battery Calibration, and both of these programs are working fine.
  • They are both predictably located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\", so I'd expect all MSI software to be there.
  • However, the BurnRecovery is nowhere to be found, definitely not in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\".  Defnitely , there was no shortcut on the Desktop either.
Perhaps the BurnRecovery is well hidden somewhere in my system, but then I would need some pointers to find it.  
Otherwise, it is really not installed for some reason.

Hence my questions:
  • Where should I look for the BurnRecovery installation folder
  • What is the actual .exe name of the program so I could search my system? 
  • What can I do to get the software on my notebook if I do not have it preinstalled?  
I mean, there must be a way to get the program from somewhere.

Again, any help here is appreciated.

Akira.MSI

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 09:15:35 PM »

Hi @Akira.MSI, Many thanks for the answer. Actually, I already saw the post, it is the same we are in, just the page #1. However, this does not help me much if I do not have the MSI BurnRecovery installed in the first place. Just to clarify:
  • I purchased the notebook with Windows already pre-loaded
  • I did not have a need to reformat or reinstall the system, just activated it.
  • The notebook came with *some* MSI software pre-installed, namely, Dragon Center and Battery Calibration, and both of these programs are working fine.
  • They are both predictably located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\", so I'd expect all MSI software to be there.
  • However, the BurnRecovery is nowhere to be found, definitely not in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\". Defnitely , there was no shortcut on the Desktop either.
Perhaps the BurnRecovery is well hidden somewhere in my system, but then I would need some pointers to find it. Otherwise, it is really not installed for some reason. Hence my questions:
  • Where should I look for the BurnRecovery installation folder
  • What is the actual .exe name of the program so I could search my system?
  • What can I do to get the software on my notebook if I do not have it preinstalled?
I mean, there must be a way to get the program from somewhere. Again, any help here is appreciated.

Oh right. Well, if you are located in the Philippines I might be able to direct you  to a service team.

czwartek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 01:00:28 AM »

Actually, I am from Poland, I just found this thread which was about the subject of interest, and did not in fact notice, it is regional forum.
Anyway, I understand, I will need to contact a local MSI service for help.  I will do that.
In any case, many again, thanks for help so far.
Pages: 1 [2]